Highlighted

Unable to select and copy text

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a regular basis, I'm using Acrobat Reader (W10) to read pdf's, and to copy and paste some information from a given PDF document.

By the way, those documents (mainly provided by myself, using MS Office) are with a property/security enabling these capability.

It appears (probably after an update of Acrobat) that it is now impossible. Even with old documents and whatever the provider.

The problem is in Acrobat( version 2020.006.20034)

Any idea?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to select and copy text

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a regular basis, I'm using Acrobat Reader (W10) to read pdf's, and to copy and paste some information from a given PDF document.

By the way, those documents (mainly provided by myself, using MS Office) are with a property/security enabling these capability.

It appears (probably after an update of Acrobat) that it is now impossible. Even with old documents and whatever the provider.

The problem is in Acrobat( version 2020.006.20034)

Any idea?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By chance do you have a document you can share with us that is having this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be late, but your answer was in the spam of my email...

Sure, I've a lot.

Any pdf which was OK in the past is no more "select/copy" now. 😞

A very simple file 

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also sorry to be late with a reply. Been busy at work with this latest viral scare. Looking at the file, I don't see any problems. I am able to copy/paste from my version of Reader into a Word document. You're correct that there is no security preventing this and all the fonts are embedded properly. Not sure what would cause this for you but not me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried, but nothing changed...

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cuagn LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I was sure that the problem wasn't in the different files.
Whatever the tries with some parameters the error was still here! 😕

So, I decided for the basic approach. Reinstall Acrobat reader, same version.
However I first suppress the former installation, in order to restart from scratch.

Bingo! It works as expected.

BTW I (we) will never have an explanation.

Anyway, I can work.

Thank you for your help

Marc (cuagn)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC