Highlighted

Unable to Sign digitally sign PDF

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that I need to sign digitally, but whenever I choose FILL AND SIGN, I am unable to do so as it is saying that "The author of this form has specified the field which you can fill. Click on any field to start filling form." I cannot paste my signature as well. I think the form is also secured. Please help. THANK YOU.

Topics

Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Sign digitally sign PDF

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document that I need to sign digitally, but whenever I choose FILL AND SIGN, I am unable to do so as it is saying that "The author of this form has specified the field which you can fill. Click on any field to start filling form." I cannot paste my signature as well. I think the form is also secured. Please help. THANK YOU.

Topics

Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2019 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellery_tan,

Thanks for reaching out. as described above, you are unable to sign digitally sign PDF, correct?

Have you got the PDF which is already signed, and trying to sign it with your signature?

Its a design behavior, once the PDF is signed it gets locked for further editing. You wont be able to edit, once the PDF is signed the document becomes read-only and no further changes are allowed; even a signature can't be added in the document.

If you're the only one signer, you can remove your signature and work on the document. If the document is signed by others, you can request the initiator to share an unsigned copy or the source document with you.

As stated above, the form is secured, you need to contact the author/creator of the pdf to get the access to edit the file.

For more information please use the help article - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html

Hope it helps

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0