• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sign in to my account on adobe reader

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to sign into my account at adobe reader. But, it is showing "No account is associated with the email address" Find the screenshot here to have a glance?signing into my accountsigning into my account

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Have you been able to login successfully to adobe.com with that AdobeID?

If you're able to login online but not from the Adobe Reader app, see Manage Account and identify if your free subscription are used in more than one computer device.

If you have more than one comouter devjce listed there, deactivate or remove those and only activate the device where you are currently trying to use your Reader DC .

I also forgot to ask if you have the creative cloud desktop app installed in your windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact customer care directly.

Use this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Invoke the virtual assistant and it will get you to an Adobe customer care representative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did even before I posted this issue here. They suggested me to ask here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to read that.

In that case lets start with the basics:

• What operating system do you have Acrobat Reader installed with?
  • What version of Reader do you have, and is it updated to its latest version?
  • Did you used a subscription plan before, like Creative  Cloud or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?
  • For clarity you don't need to sign in with an AdobeID to use the free Acrobat Reader DC version, unles you want to unlock premium editing features, or, collaborate online with cloud services
  • What steps have you tried to remedy this issue?
  • Is this problem popping up by itself as soon as you open the Acrobat Reader application or is this happening when you try to open a specific PDF file that you are trying to apply an electronic signature?

NOTE: If you actually created an AdobeID before, go online and login with that account at adobe.com.

Review your account settings and if you have more than two email addresses associated to your current AdobeID, ensure that the Primary Email address is the one that should be used instead of an alternate email address.

From looking at the screenshot that you've provided above it may be possible that you are trying to sign in using the gmail password associated with the gmail account instead of the AdobeID password which should be different from each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10.

1. As prescribed by the virtual assistant I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled the to check whether the problem will be solved.

2. currently I am subscribed to "Creative cloud-free membership" and "Document cloud-free membership" 

3. The problem comes when I am trying to sign into my adobe account using the sign-in option. 

4. I don't have multiple accounts that are associated with adobe account. Also, the email id shown above is also my adobe id, after a click on 'continue' button it shows whatever is there on that screenshot. It doesn't even take me to enter the "password".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to login successfully to adobe.com with that AdobeID?

If you're able to login online but not from the Adobe Reader app, see Manage Account and identify if your free subscription are used in more than one computer device.

If you have more than one comouter devjce listed there, deactivate or remove those and only activate the device where you are currently trying to use your Reader DC .

I also forgot to ask if you have the creative cloud desktop app installed in your windows 10 and if you are able to login through the CC Desktop App.

And did you used to have this products installed in a different computer, OR, did you have windows7 in that computer with the CC free subscription and then upgraded to Windows10?

Are you able to use the Acribat Reader Mobile app from an Android or Apple mobile device and see if you get the same issue?

If you are abke to login from a mobile device using the Reader mobile app, maybe you should create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check if it works.

I will continue to post back more info as I keep finding more releveant work arounds. It seems like Adobe doesn't have a fix available for this issue but they do have a possible work around here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/no-account-associated-with-the-email-address.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can log in successfully to adobe.com. 

Also, I am not using any creative cloud apps on my computer.

I can sign into my account in mobile apps, currently, I am using the adobe reader, adobe scan and lightroom app, where I am currently signed into my account.

Anyway, I have followed the instructions through the link you have provided in your reply, that worked for me. Now the interface has changed from the just single sign-in options to multiple sign-in options available like sign-in through google, facebook etc. 

Now, I can log in to my account using adobe id in the desktop app too.

Thank for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines