Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to validate signatures on document created with DocuSign

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a PDF with digital signatures that was signed with DocuSign. I can validate the signed document and everything looks good when I use https://validator.docusign.com/ However when I open the document with Acrobat Reader DC the signature validation does not succeed, and I'm wondering why. Under the signature I see the following: "Signature is invalid: There are errors in the formatting of information contained in this signature". When I click on validate signature I get the following error message: "Error during signature verification. Error encountered while validating: Internal cryptographic library error. Error Code: 0x2711".

Any ideas on how to investigate the exact cause for the error?

Thanks.

HB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hectorba,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists, please refer to the link shared with you via private message.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Amal. Unfortunately the suggestion to locally install the certificates needed to validate the signer's trust chain did not work. The document I'm validated has two signers: one is a customer that uses a certificate issued by TeleSec PKS eIDAS QES CA 1 and the second is DocuSign. The second signature can be validated but not the first. I'm attaching screenshots so you can see the problem.signature validated.png

This is for the customer signature, issued by TeleSec PKS eIDAS QES CA 1 which has a certification path installed on my local PC.

signature not validated.png

signature trust chain.png

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am sorry to hear that the problem still persists, you may please try the troubleshooting steps in the links below:

I hope this will help, let us know the result

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same problem has come up with reading Docusign document. The issue has come up with the latest update to the Acrobat 2021.001.20135!!

Please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are having exactly the same issue now with the new version of Adobe, have you had any luck fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Same version.  Checked to make sure the AATL was updated as well.  Docusign or Pandadoc, signed 5 minutes ago or 5 months ago, doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downgraded to the previous version of Acrobat Reader DC: 2020.013.20064 and everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines