• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the mistake of downloading and trying out Acrobat DC as a PDF reader.  Worked fine for a while now it wont open ANY PDF's and it wont uninstall either. I am now getting multiple instances of an error called ' Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server'  I have tried looking online, on this website - I even tried phoning to see if there was any hope of getting answer there. But no - after multiple recorded messages, I was just kept hanging on  I eve tried their SALES line - but amazingly no-one answered there either.
I WANT HIS OFF MY COMPUTER COMPLETELY. IT WONT UNINSTALL. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?  I've seen unanswered questions on this going back to last year so it's not an update issue.

ANSWER PLEASE!! And no technical [profanity removed] from Adobe either, please.

R. Currier

[Profanity removed by moderator.]

[Title edited by moderator for clarity. Was “ADOBE HOW ABOUT SOME ANSWERS!”]

[Keywords with cursing removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

There is a more powerful tool for removing Acrobat and Reader, Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool. This requires an additional download and install. If you have both Reader and Acrobat installed, it will remove both.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly know how to motivate a bunch of volunteers (not Adobe staff) to answer your question.

There is NO tech support for free software. But some of us are happy to help. But within reasonable bounds.

So, you won't get "Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server" when you try to uninstall. What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As last I've discovered how to get rid of Adobe DC -  here's what happened:  I wanted to uninstall as I got multiple error boxes on my desktop saying 'failed to connect to DDE server'. (whatever that is) of course as it's multiple errors the message boxes stack up and obscure my desktop. Really annoying - so having got rid of all of these I tried uninstalling, but got a message saying the programme is still active. I worked out that these must be background processes that are still running, so I used 'control-alt-delete' to bring up Task Manager, and when I looked, there were FOUR hidden processes still running! WHY does Adobe DC have hidden processes running, in the background, that I don't know about, and don't show up on my PC, on a basic PDF reader? This is in itself sinister. So I clicked on 'End process' for each of these processes, and tried uninstalling again.  Success - the dog-awful Adobe DC product is gone. I'll use CC Cleaner and Malware-bytes to clear any remaining traces to be sure there are no dodgy file anywhere.

As for providing support for 'Free' programmes, I would have thought that was the easiest thing to do, as trying out and using free software, is often a route to the purchase of paid for software, as long as course as the damn software works!  For me DC Reader was a nightmare, and as for contacting the company - nobody ever answers the phone and you can't even get through to Adobe Sales, so even if I did want to buy a 'Paid For' Adobe product, I cant. What a shambles!  There's lots of free, and better, alternatives out there, so there's really not much point is using Adobe, is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has forced you... And you are not addressing Adobe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO GET that error message when i try to open and view a PDF  ( Adobe cant connect to DDE Server )  How can i fix this please ?  and thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any of the many suggestions for uninstalling Reader alread posted in this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes   when I click on uninstall it says it is running and has to be closed but when I try to close it, it just comes back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean like the instructions in the I Can’t uninstall Reader thread (sorry, I can’t Find how to post a link in my iPhone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied YES    the instructions to uninstall do not help me because  when I click on uninstall it says the pgm is running and cannot be uninstalled until it is closed but I cant close it because it is generally unresponsive    I am really trying be patient but my business uses PDF daily and this is negatively impacting me  all the back and forth and questions   I read previous posts on this topic and I have tried to resolve this myself but I cannot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone is responding to me in another language which I cannot read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Translate link to the right of the Reply link at the bottom of the post. If you are reading this in an email log into the Adobe Forum Website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSM, the translator doesn’t work in this case because mosto of the message is in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amyoaac  wrote

someone is responding to me in another language which I cannot read

Also there are no replies in any other language than English to any of your posts. So if you received an email asking for a user name and or password DO NOT REPLY IN ANY WAY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you say, it seems that you are not following the instructions posted here: Can't Uninstall Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1st thing I tried was using task manager  I apologize for not mentioning it   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a more powerful tool for removing Acrobat and Reader, Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool. This requires an additional download and install. If you have both Reader and Acrobat installed, it will remove both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks     I have an IT person coming in   I cannot spend time doing this I have a business to take care of  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Здравствуйте!

Вы получили это письмо, так как опубликованные вами материалы одобрены нашими модераторами.

Re: Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

опубликовано: 09.04.2019 11:06

I replied YES    the instructions to uninstall do not help me because  when I click on uninstall it says the pgm is running and cannot be uninstalled until it is closed but I cant close it because it is generally unresponsive    I am really trying be patient but my business uses PDF daily and this is negatively impacting me  all the back and forth and questions   I read previous posts on this topic and I have tried to resolve this myself but I cannot

Просмотреть сообщение

Это электронное письмо было отправлено сообществом Adobe Community, поскольку вы являетесь зарегистрированным пользователем. Вы можете быстро отписаться от уведомлений сообщества Adobe Community или настроить частоту получения писем в настройках электронной почты

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but the tool in not that powerful.... The amount of junk it leaves behind in terms of files and registry entries is just staggering.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having similar issues and it has cost me hours of time.  As a professional I cannot tolerate this.  

Removal via Clean my Mac has not worked because Adobe will not quit.

I then installed this tool and it too will not work because Adobe will not quit.  

Really starting to feel as if it is actually malware.  (but Malware removal tools do not remove it). 

Please suggest an alternate.  

This is reprehensible.  

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines