• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update msi with msp

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen many similar problems and their answers, but none of them was able to solve mine,

I tried to update the msi using msp, but after following all the steps in above mentioned problems, the msi just disappears.

What i do:

use acrobat customization wizard dc and save mst in same file

update msi with mst using "msiexec /i acroRead.msi TRANSFORMS=acroread.mst /qn"

using "msiexec /a acroread.msi" to save it in new file

"msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p acroread(...).msp" to apply update and save the result in another new file

but after that, the msi file, just like mst and msp, just disappears.

did i miss something?

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

I solved my problem. Instead of saving the result from "msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p acroread(...).msp" in another file, i just saved it in the same file where the msi and msp are.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you giving the same file (acroread.msi) as input and output for the same command? If so, don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opend oldfile\acroread.msi in acw

mst saved in oldfile

used msiexec /a oldfile\acroread.msi to save in new file

used msiexec /a newfile\acroread.msi /p newfile\acroread.msp and saved result in anotherfile

If this was the question. If not, could you tell me how to not do give the same file as inpuut and output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also i copied and pasted oldfile\acroread.mst in newfile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably since you used msiexec /a oldfile\acroread.msi with no transform (?) it ran interactively and you chose the output file. Really need to see all the choices you made. Better, I think, to use the non-interactive form, for repeatability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically followed what was mentioned on this https://ictschule.com/2015/04/08/adobe-reader-dc-verteilen/ site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to correct myself. The part with "msi transforms=mst" didn't happend. But that shouldn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could post the complete commands you are running, and their output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add more details:

1. I opend, like i mentioned, "C:\Documents\Adobe\AcroRead.msi" in acw

2. Saved the mst in "C:\Documents\Adobe" as AcroRead.mst

3. used msiexec /a "C:\Documents\Adobe\AcroRead.msi" and saved it in "C:\Documents\Adobe_new\"

4. used msiexec /a C:\Dokuments\Adobe_new\AcroRead.msi /p C:\Dokuments\Adobe_new\AcroRead.msp" and saved them in C:\Dokuments\Adobe_NEW\

in general i worked in C:\ and in Y:\

in 3. i once saved it in C:\Adobe\api

results:

1. result = 2.

3. in C:\Documents\Adobe_new msi, msp, mst with "commom", "programm files", "System32", "Win"-files

4. same result as in 3. just without the msi, mst, and msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing the output from the commands, only your statements like "and saved it in..."

It is impossible to track down errors or bugs without detailed reports about what actually happened, not only what you intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my problem. Instead of saving the result from "msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p acroread(...).msp" in another file, i just saved it in the same file where the msi and msp are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines