I have seen many similar problems and their answers, but none of them was able to solve mine,
I tried to update the msi using msp, but after following all the steps in above mentioned problems, the msi just disappears.
What i do:
use acrobat customization wizard dc and save mst in same file
update msi with mst using "msiexec /i acroRead.msi TRANSFORMS=acroread.mst /qn"
using "msiexec /a acroread.msi" to save it in new file
"msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p acroread(...).msp" to apply update and save the result in another new file
but after that, the msi file, just like mst and msp, just disappears.
did i miss something?
Are you giving the same file (acroread.msi) as input and output for the same command? If so, don't.
i opend oldfile\acroread.msi in acw
mst saved in oldfile
used msiexec /a oldfile\acroread.msi to save in new file
used msiexec /a newfile\acroread.msi /p newfile\acroread.msp and saved result in anotherfile
If this was the question. If not, could you tell me how to not do give the same file as inpuut and output?
also i copied and pasted oldfile\acroread.mst in newfile
Presumably since you used msiexec /a oldfile\acroread.msi with no transform (?) it ran interactively and you chose the output file. Really need to see all the choices you made. Better, I think, to use the non-interactive form, for repeatability.
I need to correct myself. The part with "msi transforms=mst" didn't happend. But that shouldn't change anything.
Perhaps you could post the complete commands you are running, and their output.
To add more details:
1. I opend, like i mentioned, "C:\Documents\Adobe\AcroRead.msi" in acw
2. Saved the mst in "C:\Documents\Adobe" as AcroRead.mst
3. used msiexec /a "C:\Documents\Adobe\AcroRead.msi" and saved it in "C:\Documents\Adobe_new\"
4. used msiexec /a C:\Dokuments\Adobe_new\AcroRead.msi /p C:\Dokuments\Adobe_new\AcroRead.msp" and saved them in C:\Dokuments\Adobe_NEW\
in general i worked in C:\ and in Y:\
in 3. i once saved it in C:\Adobe\api
1. result = 2.
3. in C:\Documents\Adobe_new msi, msp, mst with "commom", "programm files", "System32", "Win"-files
4. same result as in 3. just without the msi, mst, and msp
I am not seeing the output from the commands, only your statements like "and saved it in..."
It is impossible to track down errors or bugs without detailed reports about what actually happened, not only what you intended.
I solved my problem. Instead of saving the result from "msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p acroread(...).msp" in another file, i just saved it in the same file where the msi and msp are.