Highlighted

Updateing AR DC fails to every new version

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we send AR DC via GPO to our clients using the patched msi and a the transform file. Each new installation uninstalls (set in transform file) the old one. At the moment we're at 19.010.20098. On Windows 7, 10 and server versions.

For every new install I also use msiexec manually for this package and its transform file. And msiexec with the MSP file too. But I got only errors. For updating to 10.20099 til new the newest. No MSP can be installed because newer version seems to be installed. On every tested client. All clients are up 2 date.

Yes, I can uninstall 10.20098 and install eg.10.20099 manually. But udating via msiexec and MSP file fails too. Also updating with double cklicking on MSP file. (It's still the same as msiexec does...). For every update.

Do you have some hints for solving the problem? Or any other suggestions?

--

Kind regards

Steffen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updateing AR DC fails to every new version

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we send AR DC via GPO to our clients using the patched msi and a the transform file. Each new installation uninstalls (set in transform file) the old one. At the moment we're at 19.010.20098. On Windows 7, 10 and server versions.

For every new install I also use msiexec manually for this package and its transform file. And msiexec with the MSP file too. But I got only errors. For updating to 10.20099 til new the newest. No MSP can be installed because newer version seems to be installed. On every tested client. All clients are up 2 date.

Yes, I can uninstall 10.20098 and install eg.10.20099 manually. But udating via msiexec and MSP file fails too. Also updating with double cklicking on MSP file. (It's still the same as msiexec does...). For every update.

Do you have some hints for solving the problem? Or any other suggestions?

--

Kind regards

Steffen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?