• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Acrobat Reader on Macs in a managed environment

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support Macs with a product called Jamf and we have several machines with Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Adobe Acrobat Reader installations. I'm able to deploy updates with Remote Update Manager for the first two but if I try it on a machine with Reader, it doesn't detect any updates when there are. The following page isn't clear if this is supported as one part mentions the action command isn't supported but below it, it talks like it should work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/using-remote-update-manager.html

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jimhuls,

Thanks for reaching out!

helpx page says --action=download is not supported for Reader and Acrobat. You can use --action=list or --action=install.

Please share the response for below queries so that we can investigate at our end:

• What is the OS version and Reader installed version you are facing issue with ?
  • Share the log files at paths :
    • ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Updater Helper DC.log
    • ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat Updater DC.log
    • ~/Library/Logs/RemoteUpdateManager.log 
  • Command line params you used for updating Reader via RUM

Regards,

Saurav Bhatia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines