Highlighted

updating Adobe products

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently in a situation where we have thousands of Adobe Reader and Flash vulnerabilities across multiple assets. We have the full Adobe Acrobat application installed. I am wondering do we need to upgrade the full application or can we get away with updating just the effected apps (Reader and Flash)?

Topics

CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

updating Adobe products

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently in a situation where we have thousands of Adobe Reader and Flash vulnerabilities across multiple assets. We have the full Adobe Acrobat application installed. I am wondering do we need to upgrade the full application or can we get away with updating just the effected apps (Reader and Flash)?

Topics

CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, if you have Acrobat installed you do not need Reader at all... at least I have Acrobat and no Reader

Flash use in all browsers is going to stop at the end of this year, but having the most updated support until then is good

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html is 12-31-2020
As far as I know, Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer
If you want to use the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser
Or, contact Microsoft about problems with Edge or Internet Explorer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Reader is installed, you should keep it up to date. It might be used instead of Acrobat, exposing to a vulnerability. You should set up a system for applying updates to Acrobat and Reader as soon as they are released and you have tested them. It is not worth the trouble for Flash, which has less than 4 months before it goes away forever. Perhaps the best thing you do now is uninstall it, to allow your users to discover what must be (at great speed) replaced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC