• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Excel Data to fill out an Adobe Fillable PDF

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have an excel file of inventory that I'd like to put into an adobe PDF form. I've named all of the data categories exactly how they appear on the form and I've changed to file format to a text tab deliminated text file. When I try to import this data into the form I get the error message, "could not load data from the text file." Additionally, even when the data begins to work and it shows a list of all the data I get an error message saying "some data in the text file was not imported successfully" and the form remains blank. I really need assistance automating this process as I have hundreds of forms to complete. I'm not sure if this is a factor in my issue, but I am only filling out some of the forms on the data sheet and am leaving others blank. I have tried creating a txt file with all of the categories and put in information to see if that was the issue but I still got an error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Hi Oliviak54094685,

As mentioned above, the error message that you received during import so is it with one particular excel file or have you tried with a different one as well?

You may refer to the forum thread Import data from Excel into fillable pdf using Acrobat XI Pro - is it possible? How?  and follow the steps mentioned in that and let us know if there is any trouble importing the file.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliviak54094685,

As mentioned above, the error message that you received during import so is it with one particular excel file or have you tried with a different one as well?

You may refer to the forum thread Import data from Excel into fillable pdf using Acrobat XI Pro - is it possible? How?  and follow the steps mentioned in that and let us know if there is any trouble importing the file.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Re:  Importing data from Excel into fillable pdf form.  Can this function be used with Adobe Acrobat DC Standard version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having an issue getting any data imported into my PDF form using Adobe Acrobat DC Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issues are you having, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the article: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2069492

There is no option for Tools Import from file in Adobe Acrobat Pro SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean, but you can certainly import data from a tab-delimited text file into form fields in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me a link to a video or an article that shows step by step instructions for Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/collecting-pdf-form-data.html

Search for "import form data".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for way to import Excel data into fillable form using Acrobat Pro. I cannot find the import data option icon on my Acrobat. Can someone tell me where can I find it  ?  Do I need to enable from the hidden menu within Acrobat ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Acrobat? And what "hidden menu"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prepare form>More>Import Data

Russell27898571gx6g_0-1673473611269.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really STUPID from Acrobat DC and other versions.

If you want to import 150 records into a form you have to create 150 pdfs.

Really STUPID functionality for software that cost me `$300.00USD

The other thing that a lot of SW publishers do is dance around the answer No it won't do that, and you go on fools errands to confirm Mo it won’t do that!

Adobe lost interest in Acrobat’s usefulness and users have to resort to third-party costly solutions to do simple common sense things, or become programmers for scripts.

When my Acrobat 2000 reaches end of support, there’s probably going to be an alternative to Acrobat!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines