Highlighted

Using Excel Data to fill out an Adobe Fillable PDF

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have an excel file of inventory that I'd like to put into an adobe PDF form. I've named all of the data categories exactly how they appear on the form and I've changed to file format to a text tab deliminated text file. When I try to import this data into the form I get the error message, "could not load data from the text file." Additionally, even when the data begins to work and it shows a list of all the data I get an error message saying "some data in the text file was not imported successfully" and the form remains blank. I really need assistance automating this process as I have hundreds of forms to complete. I'm not sure if this is a factor in my issue, but I am only filling out some of the forms on the data sheet and am leaving others blank. I have tried creating a txt file with all of the categories and put in information to see if that was the issue but I still got an error message.

Hi Oliviak54094685,

As mentioned above, the error message that you received during import so is it with one particular excel file or have you tried with a different one as well?

You may refer to the forum thread Import data from Excel into fillable pdf using Acrobat XI Pro - is it possible? How?  and follow the steps mentioned in that and let us know if there is any trouble importing the file.

Regards,

Akanchha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Excel Data to fill out an Adobe Fillable PDF

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have an excel file of inventory that I'd like to put into an adobe PDF form. I've named all of the data categories exactly how they appear on the form and I've changed to file format to a text tab deliminated text file. When I try to import this data into the form I get the error message, "could not load data from the text file." Additionally, even when the data begins to work and it shows a list of all the data I get an error message saying "some data in the text file was not imported successfully" and the form remains blank. I really need assistance automating this process as I have hundreds of forms to complete. I'm not sure if this is a factor in my issue, but I am only filling out some of the forms on the data sheet and am leaving others blank. I have tried creating a txt file with all of the categories and put in information to see if that was the issue but I still got an error message.

Hi Oliviak54094685,

As mentioned above, the error message that you received during import so is it with one particular excel file or have you tried with a different one as well?

You may refer to the forum thread Import data from Excel into fillable pdf using Acrobat XI Pro - is it possible? How?  and follow the steps mentioned in that and let us know if there is any trouble importing the file.

Regards,

Akanchha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliviak54094685,

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Re:  Importing data from Excel into fillable pdf form.  Can this function be used with Adobe Acrobat DC Standard version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC