• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using from other software

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to use AdobeReader from other software in my current project (It can be manipulated externally as an RPA or used as an ActiveX.).
I'm thinking of using Adobe Reader's snapshot function to copy each page of a PDF to the clipboard and save it in an image format such as PNG.

However, this usage is not allowed according to the following terms of use (This is the terms of use of Japan.).
Where should I get permission?

==
4.3.1Conversion Restrictions. You will not integrate or use Reader with any other software, plug-in,
or enhancement that uses or relies upon Reader when converting or transforming PDF files into a different format (e.g., a PDF file into a TIFF, JPEG, or SVG file).
==

Or does my intended use not violate these terms of use?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if this would violate the terms of use, even if you are making it for personal use. If you wanted to make something for other people to use, you would be forcing each of THEM to violate the license terms too. There are many specific limitations on Reader, whch exist in order to sell licenses to Acrobat - and who can blame Adobe for that...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
After all, it is against the terms of use.

I asked you how to get permission from Adobe before. In response, asked me to post to forum. For this reason, I have posted to this forum.

By the way, existing RPAs such as BluePrism, Automation Anywhere seem to support linking Adobe Reader in forums, but they don't seem to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not seem to be any way to get permission. Reader exists only to help get Acrobat revenue, and if you could do this you would be using Reader to give less reason to license Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply.
This question was resolved by contacting Adobe directly.
Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines