Highlighted

Verifying Digital Signatures

New Here ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble verifying digital signatures with a military common access card. I know the signatures are valid because other people are able to validate them; however, I cannot. When I attempt to verify the signatures, I get an error that says the "signer's identity is unknown because it has not been included in your list of trusted certificates and none of its parent certificates are trusted certificates."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Verifying Digital Signatures

New Here ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble verifying digital signatures with a military common access card. I know the signatures are valid because other people are able to validate them; however, I cannot. When I attempt to verify the signatures, I get an error that says the "signer's identity is unknown because it has not been included in your list of trusted certificates and none of its parent certificates are trusted certificates."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND - I can get on a different computer with an older version of PDF Reader and validate signatures just fine. I tried to find an older PDF reader download out there, but, nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

Since you are getting the error message "signer's identity is unknown because it has not been included in your list of trusted certificates and none of its parent certificates are trusted certificates." did you refer to the steps suggested in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/validating-digital-signatures.html

If not yet. then go through it for better understanding.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC