Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the next situation in my organization in witch I hope that someone can help me.

- Workstations with Windows10 x64 enterprise and internet filtered by proxy

In Adobe Reader DC(2015.023.20070) when a person try to open a hyperlink from the document the reader becomes "Not responding" for more than 30 seconds and after that appears the Security Warning windows with Allow/Block/Cancel .

I think that the reader is trying to validate the link somehow or something else witch generate this delay.

I hope than someone can help me in this situation.

My Best regards,

Ionut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ionutb22945283,

Could you please confirm whether it is one specific document is causing problem or you are experiencing the same issue with all the .pdf file that has hyperlinks embedded?

Also, what is the source of the file? is it saved locally on computer or is it on the server?

• For the testing purpose you may please try disabling the protected view and see if that helps.

Edit>Preferences>Security(enhanced)>Protected View Off

Note: Please Enable the Protected view if it works, as its not recommended to keep the security turned off.

Also refer to the "Privileged Locations " under help document- Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

Let us know if it doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The problem occurs on all PDF files. The PDF file in made inside our organization.

I have disabled Protected Mode and Enhanced Security without any success.

From what i can see in the Trust Manager if I select in Internet Access from PDF Files outside the web browse the option "Allow PDF files to access to access all web sites " or in custom section Allow access the delay is eliminated, and I don't know why with "Always ask" option the delay happens.

Regards,

Ionut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lonut,

I apologize for the delay in response to your query.

You may update the application, install the latest patch through- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader 

Let us know if you still experience the same problem after installing the update.

-Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue also! With Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the FIX? this is still happening, I have the latest updates, It happens on all computers I have tried this with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just wondering what is wrong with adobe; like interactive pdf doesn't work anymore and hyperlinks are slow as hell. Not sure why we are paying for it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resorted to copy the link and paste it, welcome to 1995. Crazy. I have Adobe Acrobat DC 21.001.20138.

Any plans to fix this or allow user to turn off check or URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a fix as well.  This is a dealbreaking issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem for what like 3-4 years. Takes about 1 minute or more to open a web link. Totally unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Take at least a minute to open a hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines