Highlighted

Very slow hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the next situation in my organization in witch I hope that someone can help me.

- Workstations with Windows10 x64 enterprise and internet filtered by proxy

In Adobe Reader DC(2015.023.20070) when a person try to open a hyperlink from the document the reader becomes "Not responding" for more than 30 seconds and after that appears the Security Warning windows with Allow/Block/Cancel .

I think that the reader is trying to validate the link somehow or something else witch generate this delay.

I hope than someone can help me in this situation.

My Best regards,

Ionut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Very slow hyperlink in Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the next situation in my organization in witch I hope that someone can help me.

- Workstations with Windows10 x64 enterprise and internet filtered by proxy

In Adobe Reader DC(2015.023.20070) when a person try to open a hyperlink from the document the reader becomes "Not responding" for more than 30 seconds and after that appears the Security Warning windows with Allow/Block/Cancel .

I think that the reader is trying to validate the link somehow or something else witch generate this delay.

I hope than someone can help me in this situation.

My Best regards,

Ionut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ionutb22945283,

Could you please confirm whether it is one specific document is causing problem or you are experiencing the same issue with all the .pdf file that has hyperlinks embedded?

Also, what is the source of the file? is it saved locally on computer or is it on the server?

• For the testing purpose you may please try disabling the protected view and see if that helps.

Edit>Preferences>Security(enhanced)>Protected View Off

Note: Please Enable the Protected view if it works, as its not recommended to keep the security turned off.

Also refer to the "Privileged Locations " under help document- Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

Let us know if it doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The problem occurs on all PDF files. The PDF file in made inside our organization.

I have disabled Protected Mode and Enhanced Security without any success.

From what i can see in the Trust Manager if I select in Internet Access from PDF Files outside the web browse the option "Allow PDF files to access to access all web sites " or in custom section Allow access the delay is eliminated, and I don't know why with "Always ask" option the delay happens.

Regards,

Ionut

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lonut,

I apologize for the delay in response to your query.

You may update the application, install the latest patch through- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader 

Let us know if you still experience the same problem after installing the update.

-Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue also! With Acrobat Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines