• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

view upon opening Reader

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Reader, the Tools Pane on the right displays. How do I view ONLY the PDF, not anything else, expecially the Tools Pane?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. that doesn't work. It's never worked. Just like the "restore last view settings..." So what else ya got??

Before you ask, yes I have the latest version and yes I've "repaired" the installation. I've tried the "save as" trick. I've tried unchecking it, saving, checking it, saving, unchecking, etc. and about 400 other things. I've read countless forum posts about this same issue dating back over 7 YEARS AGO. "Asked 7 years, 8 months ago" Seriously?? This has been a problem for WAY too long. Why is it so hard to open a pdf without every obstruction in the world making my pdf smaller and harder to read?

The crazy thing is, there are two check boxes in preferences that should take care of both these issues. I guess the boxes are mearly a suggestion for then Reader to decide whether or not it wants to reopen a document in the same view that it was in when it was closed.

Can you taste the frustration? I KNOW I am not the only one. In fact, I created an account just to come on here and vent.. and it's not even helping because I know when I close out of here and open my PDF it will still open my comment pane, tool pane, bookmarks pane...

Good day to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you're the only one who responded so far saying it doesn't work I would think it's a local issue on your computer. That's still frustrating, but there's nothing much I can offer you in terms of help. You can contact Adobe directly but they don't usually provide support for the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines