Highlighted

Viewing sticky notes

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been sent a PDF which in chrome I can see has sticky notes on, but I can only see a limited number of characters. I then exported the file to acrobat reader but I can't seem to view the sticky notes at all and when I double click on the yellow bubble nothing seems to happen. Anyone able to help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Viewing sticky notes

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been sent a PDF which in chrome I can see has sticky notes on, but I can only see a limited number of characters. I then exported the file to acrobat reader but I can't seem to view the sticky notes at all and when I double click on the yellow bubble nothing seems to happen. Anyone able to help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlottej,

As per the description above, you are not able to see the comments (sticky notes) in Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the steps from the following KB doc View, reply, print comments in Adobe Acrobat  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/comments.html

Please check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates. You may also repair the installation file of Reader from Help>Repair installation(Windows only).

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

• Dot version of Adobe Reader installed, navigate to Help>About Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
  • Have you checked with another PDF file, check with another PDF file.
  • Is it possible to share the PDF file in which you are facing the issue so that I can replicate the issue on our end?
  • I have sent you a Private message with the instruction how to share the file, please check your email inbox.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Windows machine and my version is up to date. The link you sent would be useful, however when I open the document it says that there are no comments, even though I can see the yellow sticky note icons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what you did? cause I'm facing the same issue please revert back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing additional information. I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

- Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlotte,

As we did not receive any response from your end, assuming the issue s fixed. Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing similar problem, the content that I've written on my sticky notes are almost all dissappear, I try to recover the file and update the software but both not working, everytime I click on the notes boxes, it shows empty content, can you help fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you export the PDF from Chrome exactly? You must NOT use the print option or anything like it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC