• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need a "Quick Save" - Not 5 Clicks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes 4 or 5 clicks to save a PDF that you've changed...

1. Close -or- Save

2. Do you want to save changes to... ?   (It you used close)

3. Save As...  (You have to re-select your folder)

4. Save As... Again - this time to confirm the filename

5. xxxx already exists. Do you want to replace it?

Can we please pleae please have a buton for "Save & Replace"? - 1 Click!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening with Open from the File menu. Not double click to open. I believe that Save from the File menu will then usually just work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a free tool that allows you to save your file with a single click, no dialogs or confirmations of any kind.

You can get it from here: https://try67.blogspot.com/2019/10/acrobat-reader-quick-save-free.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the javascript file path to be different on Windows 10 and with 'Acrobat Reader DC'.
The required path was C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts 

It works fine when put there 🙂

It does ask permission to access the folder each time during the save, but I can live with that. 1 click is way better then 5.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ adding on to experts advice.

I believe the pdf file you are working on isn't saved locally on your system. Its either an email attachment or opened through any other source.

At first time you would required to save the document. Open the file you just saved (not again from the source. Make further changes, now the consecutive changes will be saved to the same file with Ctrl+S or save option, rather than asking to replace file.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I open these PDF files on my local system using a double-click within Windopws Explorer. I may then make a notation on them by adding a comment. Saving the file from here is the proces requiring all those steps. A Ctrl+S still makes me go through all those prompts to do the save. I'd really like a button or menu item that means "save this file right now where you got it from overwriting the original" - no further prompts.

"try67" has responded with a really neat offering which I'm going to try - thanks try67!

I'd be nice if this became an out-of-the box feature still 🙂

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here to copy/paste a solution found in a similar question from Feb 2019, to help future readers: 
"navigate to Edit>Preferences>Securtiy(Enhanced)>uncheck 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'. is the answer."
This works. It's ridiculous that Acrobat actually DOES have the ability to save the file it opened without a fuss, and is designed to refuse to do it while employees defend this rage-inducing failure instead of offering a working fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines