• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader"?

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have "Show recently added apps" enabled for the Windows 10 Start menu. I noticed that "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" was recently added. How can I find out what this is? Searching Adobe turns up nothing.

Thanks,

Shane.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Hi,

We have added a UWP app named "Notification Manager for Adobe Reader" to support push notifications on Win 10 environment. It supports all types of notifications about any change in the status of the documents that you shared for viewing, reviewing and signing. More info is available at Document Cloud notifications. ā€‹

Regards,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have added a UWP app named "Notification Manager for Adobe Reader" to support push notifications on Win 10 environment. It supports all types of notifications about any change in the status of the documents that you shared for viewing, reviewing and signing. More info is available at Document Cloud notifications. ā€‹

Regards,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a univesity computer lab where Adobe apps are secondary and I would also like to remove this icon for general users and not have Adobe Cloud Desktop open on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No tell us how to turn it OFF!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want it running on my computer. Please tell us how to remove it, or how to stop it from starting automatically.

I think Adobe should have told software users this on Adobe's own initiative. That is responsible behavior. Now please repair this shortcoming by giving us the proper information at several users' request. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just turned it off in Win 10 using the sequence Settings -> Privacy -> Background Apps  -> Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat (turn it off)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping this is the solution I am looking for - despite turning it of in MSC, Services and Task Scheduler, it still finds a way to try and run. Most recently, it crashed when I did a manual updates check through Acrobat DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how I remove it from my windows 10 computer:-

1) Click start menu.

2) Point the cursor on the apps (notification manager for acrobat reader) in the start menu.

3) Right click and then select uninstall.

Voila! Done.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately pressing "uninstall" does nothing on my machine, well after I press uninstall it gives me the "are you sure" button (it asks again, like all the other win 10 apps, it's just that nothing happens.
I tried the other idea up above also, going into "Privacy" in settings and turning it off in Background Apps, unfortunately, it's not there. My next option will be to try uninstalling Reader. If anyone at Adobe reads this, I am a loyal but very frustrated customer. I can't even find any reference to it anywhere to find out how it gets into startup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Bulk Crap Uninstaller. It's free. https://www.bcuninstaller.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe will not let me edit my post. I want to tell all that you will need to use Take Ownership before it will delete. https://www.top-password.com/take-ownership-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines