• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When printing PDFs getting "Unable to Print File. File is Corrupt" error on HP Printer.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print PDFs the program intermittently cannot print some files and the error message displayed on the printer screen is "Unable to print file. File is corrupt".  The issue is intermitent but has been persistent for months.  Please advise how to fix this issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that the affected PDFs are really damaged in some way so they cannot be processed by a printer driver. It doesn't matter, that you can view them on screen "without any problems". Acrobat Reader can handle some issues in PDFs to make them still viewable. There's no regular way to fix this. Sometime you can bypass a few problems, by activating the "print as image" checkbox in the print dialog. If this doesn't help, you would need to analyse the PDFs with PreFligth, to see, what's wrong in there. Depending on the results there are, if any, manifold ways to fix the problem, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unlikely that the PDFs are really damaged in some way, since Acrobat sometimes prints them off-scale, then refuses to proceed after that. Adobe needs to acknowledge that its software is defective, and fix it. PN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem on a Mac (Catalina) with selected PDFs generating that same error message. After a very helpful call to HP, I was directed to support.hp.com, Software and Driver Downloads, downloaded and installed HP Easy Start, ran that and followed the prompts to install a new HP driver (I guess replacing the ones that were installed by the system), and the problem was solved. By the way that support page didn't work in Safari - I used Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines