• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When signing a document with an image, the signature appears in negative on the document.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to apply an image as a signature on a document, but while the image (.jpg) looks fine when I open it separately, it appears as a negative (i.e. white signature on a black background) when I insert it. While I can change the "color" of the image using the Fill & Sign menu bar, it only changes the background to white, while keeping the signature white as well.

Using Acrobat Reader DC.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Solved (read further)

I did not find any other answer on Internet and tried to play with preferences/accessibility/document colors without success (I am using a dark Microsft Windows theme, as well as dark theme on Chrome, Office, etc... but not in Acrobat Reader DC)

The image I tried to import was a jpg file, with a blue stamp on white baground rendering OK in my favorite image editor, but rendering as a black and white negative in Acrobat reader DC

I took a screenshot of the image cropped to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  The signature appears as a black "label" with white signature.  Has anyone solved this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved (read further)

I did not find any other answer on Internet and tried to play with preferences/accessibility/document colors without success (I am using a dark Microsft Windows theme, as well as dark theme on Chrome, Office, etc... but not in Acrobat Reader DC)

The image I tried to import was a jpg file, with a blue stamp on white baground rendering OK in my favorite image editor, but rendering as a black and white negative in Acrobat reader DC

I took a screenshot of the image cropped to the stamp area, saved it as a new jpg, and imported in Acrobat Reader DC again... problem "magically" disapeared.

I suspect some incompatibility with the file and a latest release of Acrobat Reader... the first file was from April 2021 and I imported it as "Signature" several of times since (each time I needed to change from one signature/paraph/stamp to another)... until it stopped working today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines