• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the comment tools in Reader DC?

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a document from InDesign to Acrobat. I then used Acrobat and did Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Commenting and Measuring. But when I open the document in Reader DC, I still can't find any commenting tools except for the sticky note and highlighter. There's a Document Extensions note that says "You can add comments and markups to this document," but I can't find any way to do that. I've looked through all the menu options...what am I missing...??

Please don't point out that I can mark up a document using Acrobat; I know that. I'm trying to create a "How-to" document for users who only have Reader. I know it used to be possible for users with Reader to comment in a PDF, but I don't see that anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Repair the installation of Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you save the file without Reader Extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd - When I save it without it, I don't see the "document extensions" note, but otherwise it looks the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG_ABB  wrote

I know it used to be possible for users with Reader to comment in a PDF.

Hi,

You need to open the Comment toobar to see the other tools in Reader DC: Tools > Comments. Here is Help:

Use annotation and drawing markup tools to add comments in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader

If your users have Reader XI or DC, you no longer need to enable commenting. It is now part of Reader.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane - There's no top menu option for Tools. Under the View menu, there's a Tools option, but the only thing there is "Send for review."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is no top menu for tools any more. Completely redesigned, several times, no use trying to follow old instructions. Explore. Use the Tools tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name - I did explore; I looked under every menu option before posting the original question. There is no Tools tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is right of Home:

Bild54.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Tools tab:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the installation of Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! That did it; now there's a Tools tab. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I repair the installation of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if there is a REPAIR option in the HELP menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines