• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does esignature files stored in Adobe.

Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader DC.

I have a signature created using File&Sign. Everytime I open a PDF I can use the signature to sign documents. I have a question where exactly this signature file is stored within Adobe, if I have to all the saved signature without opening a PDF document. Where should I look for?  Is that file readable. I want to view all saved signatures.

Can I locate the file which holds signatures what is the name? Any help locating the system file will be appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tdas1981 ,

Could you please tell what Operating System do you have - Windows/Mac?

These are the steps for Windows:

To find Signatures stored:

Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Signatures>Identities & Trusted Certificates>More>Digital IDs

To locate the file :

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\xxxxx.pfx.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivan,

It windows 7 machine.

I couldn't locate the file you have mentioned to search in the user profile.

I'm waiting for your reply..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tdas1981 ,

Please perform the below steps:

Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows+E on keyboard>Organize(in the top left corner)>Folder and search options>View tab>Hidden files and folders>click Show hidden files, folders, and drives>Apply>OK.

Then navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\xxxxx.pfx.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shivam!

I couldn't find the xxxxx.pfx file. I was really keen to extract the signature image I use in Fill & Sign. Could you please help me?

I use Windows 10, and I have also checked Hidden Items box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I can't find a xxxxx.pfx file.  I just created and used a digital signature for the first time for a PDF document using "fill and sign" in Acrobat Reader.  How do I use that signature on future documents?  Does it come up automatically the next time I use the same tool?  Can the same signature be used in Word documents?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does come on next PDF docs, but not in Word.
I also wanted to extract the signature in JPG format to use in other places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is stored in the files reader_fss_signature_initials and reader_fss_signature_initialsi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a work around for changing your "Fill & Sign" signature in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro as of June 2021.

STEP 1: Close your Adobe Acrobat DC Pro application

STEP 2: Navigate to C:\Users\"name"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security ("name" is your user name on the computer you are using).

STEP 3: Find the following three files:

acrobat_fss_signature_initials

acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi

acrobat_fss_signature_initialsk

STEP 4: Rename each of these files - I just append the number "1" (without quote marks) to the end of each file name

STEP 5: Open your document in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and select the option "Fill & Sign"

STEP 6: Click on "Sign Yourself" and a new window will open with the "Add Signature" option

NOTE: If on this step, a different window opens that says you have multiple signatures saved in your account, select the one you want, or remove all of them - I just select "Remove all signatures". If you select "Remove all signatures", click again on the "Sign Yourself" and move on to STEP 7

STEP 7: Select the option you want (either Type, Draw, or Image)

STEP 8: If you select "Image", the window will allow you to browse to your signature image file to select and open the file

Your signature will now be available to you.

IF YOU NOW WANT TO INSERT A DIFFERENT SIGNATURE - FOR WHATEVER REASON, DO THIS:

Save and close the file you just signed. Go back to Step 1 above and repeat all of the same steps but browse to and select a different signature image. In this case, the three files that you renamed in STEP 3 will be back in the directory - just rename them again (I just add the next sequential digit to the end of the file name). I suppose a person could delete those files, but I just leave them in the directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not an image file so it wont be avialble to select 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac... do you know where I could find instructions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files referred-to above should be located in your user directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Security/ under macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines