Highlighted

Where does esignature files stored in Adobe.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader DC.

I have a signature created using File&Sign. Everytime I open a PDF I can use the signature to sign documents. I have a question where exactly this signature file is stored within Adobe, if I have to all the saved signature without opening a PDF document. Where should I look for?  Is that file readable. I want to view all saved signatures.

Can I locate the file which holds signatures what is the name? Any help locating the system file will be appreciated.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where does esignature files stored in Adobe.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader DC.

I have a signature created using File&Sign. Everytime I open a PDF I can use the signature to sign documents. I have a question where exactly this signature file is stored within Adobe, if I have to all the saved signature without opening a PDF document. Where should I look for?  Is that file readable. I want to view all saved signatures.

Can I locate the file which holds signatures what is the name? Any help locating the system file will be appreciated.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tdas1981 ,

Could you please tell what Operating System do you have - Windows/Mac?

These are the steps for Windows:

To find Signatures stored:

Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Signatures>Identities & Trusted Certificates>More>Digital IDs

To locate the file :

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\xxxxx.pfx.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivan,

It windows 7 machine.

I couldn't locate the file you have mentioned to search in the user profile.

I'm waiting for your reply..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tdas1981 ,

Please perform the below steps:

Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows+E on keyboard>Organize(in the top left corner)>Folder and search options>View tab>Hidden files and folders>click Show hidden files, folders, and drives>Apply>OK.

Then navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\xxxxx.pfx.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shivam!

I couldn't find the xxxxx.pfx file. I was really keen to extract the signature image I use in Fill & Sign. Could you please help me?

I use Windows 10, and I have also checked Hidden Items box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I can't find a xxxxx.pfx file.  I just created and used a digital signature for the first time for a PDF document using "fill and sign" in Acrobat Reader.  How do I use that signature on future documents?  Does it come up automatically the next time I use the same tool?  Can the same signature be used in Word documents?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does come on next PDF docs, but not in Word.
I also wanted to extract the signature in JPG format to use in other places.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is stored in the files reader_fss_signature_initials and reader_fss_signature_initialsi.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC