• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the duplex print option / how to enable duplex printing

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.010.20099 with Mac HighSierra 10.13.6.  I have recently upgraded to this newer version Reader and now cannot find how to activate duplex printing - I dont even see the option.  How can I activate the option for duplex printing in Adobe?

On the Mac side, when printing from Mac / Apple preview, Safari, etc., I do have duplex printing and it works on the Apple side - just not Adobe.

Im using a Cannon Pixma MX922 which is a duplex enabled printer.  I also have enabled duplex printing in CUPS.

Thanks for any help - this insane there's no option - anyone??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Williaml,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. And thanks for sharing the detailed information.

On the Mac side, when printing from Mac / Apple preview, Safari, etc., I do have duplex printing and it works on the Apple side - just not Adobe.

Im using a Cannon Pixma MX922 which is a duplex enabled printer.  I also have enabled duplex printing in CUPS.

As mentioned, you have got the latest version of Adobe Reader and also enabled duplex printing in CUPS. Just wanted to cross check is you have followed the exact same steps recommended in this helps article: Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac. If anything missed-out, then you may apply the similar settings and check back.

Let us know if its still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Akanchha - those are the steps I followed.  When doing so, the check mark appears as default for 2 sided printing on the apple side.  Nothing changes in adobe - still no duplex / 2 sided option in adobe.  Even when I go back to CUPS and remove the default of 2 sided printing on the Mac side, I still have the option to duplex / 2 side print on the Mac side when putting a check in the box.  As you know all this CUPS procedure does is place the check mark in the option for default.....  Any more ideas?  Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, it didn't give any joy.

What else I would recommend to check for update or download a new driver , as this indicates that your printer driver is not passing on the correct information to Acrobat. I might be wrong, but giving a try would not cause any harm.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have CUPS version 16.10.0.0.  Cannon does have a version 16.20.0.0 CUPS version on their site for the MX922 printer.  BUT, it will not install on my computer even though I am running High Sierra 10.13.6.  Cannon says it should install.  But after running the installer several times from start to finish, and it shows a successful install, the version showing is still 16.10.0.0

Apple is not sure why it shows 16.10.0.0 when the .DMG installer is for 16.20.0.0.  Cannon says it should not be a problem.  But also cannot tell me why it shows 16.10.0.0 on the computer.

I also updated the optional Scan driver to 19.1.0h and the ICA driver to version 4.0.0a - both of which cannon told me to do.

Still no duplex printing from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's strange, it didn't give any joy.

What else I would recommend to check for update or download a new driver , as this indicates that your printer driver is not passing on the correct information to Acrobat. I might be wrong, but giving a try would not cause any harm.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Just out of curiosity, how to you know that the printer is not passing on the correct info vs Adobe is not receiving correctly that the printer is telling it to print duplex?

Seems to me another case of pass the buck - Adobe says its Cannon.  Cannon says its Mac.  Mac says its Adobe. 

Oh boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines