• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While opening PDF, message saying " a font package is required to correctly display this page".

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent this pdf file to a recipient via email. They could not open it and got a message saying " a font package is required to correctly display this page". The recipient is telling me I need to make a change on my computer program Acrobat Reader DC.  How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't create PDF files. How does you create the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marciah,

This error message, " a font package is required to correctly display this page" generally appears when there's an specific font used to create the document and its not available at the viewer's end or in recipient system.

As asked above, from where/how did you create the file? I assume you might have created it using any 3rd party pdf creator or do you use Acrobat DC?

Did you use any specific font to create the document or is this document was created using any specific font?

There is likely a chance a font is used which has Asian characters in it and Reader doesn't have those fonts by default available. And those are not usually required unless you open such a file.

Ask users to update Adobe Reader to the most recent version: Open Reader>Help>Check for update

And install font Pack through this link: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Re...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make the file with a Canon scanner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

running into this issue with a firm that is sending documents created from a cannon scanner/printer.  Not sure how to help them correct. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines