Highlighted

Why are dropdown selections reverting to default when the user clicks into a different field?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We use fillable PDF forms in our organization and we are running into a problem.

From Adobe Reader ONLY, when a user selects an item on a dropdown list and then clicks into another field, the dropdown select reverts to default value. There is no scripting or anything special about this dropdown, it's just basic text selection.There is also nothing conditional or special coding with any other field on the form. Very basic stuff. It's worth noting that this problem doesn't happen every time and doesn't happen with every user of Adobe Reader.

I tried changing the dropdowns to have the option Commit Selected Value Immediately checked and that didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts on how to work around this problem or resolve it? I might just change the drop down to check boxes if I have to but I don't want to do that if not necessary.

Thanks,

Karli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why are dropdown selections reverting to default when the user clicks into a different field?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We use fillable PDF forms in our organization and we are running into a problem.

From Adobe Reader ONLY, when a user selects an item on a dropdown list and then clicks into another field, the dropdown select reverts to default value. There is no scripting or anything special about this dropdown, it's just basic text selection.There is also nothing conditional or special coding with any other field on the form. Very basic stuff. It's worth noting that this problem doesn't happen every time and doesn't happen with every user of Adobe Reader.

I tried changing the dropdowns to have the option Commit Selected Value Immediately checked and that didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts on how to work around this problem or resolve it? I might just change the drop down to check boxes if I have to but I don't want to do that if not necessary.

Thanks,

Karli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd, I cannot share the form as it contains sensitive information to our company.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you produce a file that has the same behavior without the sensitive parts? Maybe just copy the fields in question to a new, black file... Unless we are able to reproduce this issue it's very difficult to help you solve this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a team of teachers. This issue suddenly appeared for us today.

Here's a link to a file showing these behaviors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue. Any advice or resolution yet? I can send a copy if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC