• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can I not rotate a .PDF and then Save it

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to try to open up a .PDF and then rotate it and save it the document doesn't save the changes. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also why can't I save the document in other formats like the previous version like a .jpg...etc or even convert to MS Word. I think Adobe has really done a made this version un usable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Hi KNSSConsulting,

You will need Adobe PDF pack subscription to export PDF & rotate it https://cloud.acrobat.com/organizepages.

Else you can purchase or subscribe for Acrobat DC application Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC‌.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KNSSConsulting,

You will need Adobe PDF pack subscription to export PDF & rotate it https://cloud.acrobat.com/organizepages.

Else you can purchase or subscribe for Acrobat DC application Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC‌.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

I am subscribed to the Acrobat DC application see here  Adobe subscription DC - BrandonKrieger's library

That is why I am confused I don't have more options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not enough to be subscribed. You have to download, install and use Acrobat to be able to edit your PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the previous print screen.

I was showing I have subscribed, download and am using that version, that is what I was showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum doesn't accept attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys not seeing the hyper link above?

Here it is again

Adobe subscription DC - BrandonKrieger's library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to post a screenshot you have to use the Camera icon and post from the forum itself, not via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is being moderated because you're linking to an external site, but I saw the image.
It clearly states "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC"... You need to use "Adobe Acrobat Pro (or Standard) DC", not Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok we are getting off topic

1) do you see the hyperlink above in my last post?

2) Can you click on it yes or no?

On the main issue, I do have a paid subscription to Adobe DC. I have paid, downloaded and am running the software on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is exactly the point. You're using the wrong application to open the file, which is why you can't save a rotated version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why the original poster gave up.  His problem was never addressed.  I am hoping there is a professional on the Adobe support team that can address this issue.  I am a paid subscriber, using Adobe Acrobat DC FULL VERSION. 

In my document, it reverts to "upside down" every time, despite going into view, rotate, and rotating it to the correct view, when saving the rotation disappears and it is saved "upside down."  It does save my crops, and my removal of a page and insertion of another page.

I would like to have someone at Adobe, or who is a knowledgeable member of the Adobe Forums, to take the time to read this post and provide a legitimate answer.  I am using "Continuous Release | Version 2019.008.20074

I should add that a person reading this forum with its postings from Adobe would probably be put off from subscribing to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read the replies more carefully.

Changing the view does not change the actual pages and will revert back the next time you open the file.

To change the pages permanently you need to go into Tools - Pages - Rotate, and then save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't rotate the view. You must rotate the pages under Tools > Organize Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, his problem was fully addressed because he was kind enough to show a screen shot, which made it very clear that he was not using Acrobat even though he was subscribed to it. Apparently, though, pointing this out was "off topic". If you both subscribe to and ACTUALLY USE Acrobat, which is the usual arrangement, you can follow the instructions in reply 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did come up with a work-around since you have the full Adobe Acrobat DC application.  You can use the print to PDF capability to create a new file with the pages correctly rotated.  I see this as a work around rather than a solution.  Adobe should be better than this as should the answers from professionals within the Adobe structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a work around but why not use the quick, complete and correct solution posted instead...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there should be an incredibly simple solution to the "CAN rotate objects but can't save the changes". Guess I'll keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still curious though. WHY is the answer listed as AN ANSWER at all in this message board? Shouldn't rotating objects in photoshop just be as easy as using the Move tool and rotating the object and then applying that + saving and having it actually save and not come up with "Could not save *insert here* because of a system error"? It just seems odd to me as all, but since I'm a begginner, I'll just assume that everyone got the answers they were looking for and for some reason, never bothered to put the correct answer in here for future visitors left baffled like I was.

Just come up with a solution in the software itself, an't got no time for acrobatics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVM I found a solution. It seems that a valid rotation method that allows me to save those said rotations, is to click 'Edit Contents', which opens up a new photoshop document. In that document, you can FINALLY rotate the object, and, when you close it, save, and the changes made to said objects will appear on the shape in the document you were on before you clicked 'Edit Contents'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess that's in Photoshop tho... Should've made that clear beforehand, but eh... I'd say it was worth saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help someone but it's worth noting that Photoshop destroys almost everything about a PDF, and - except for the special case where it just as a single photo in it - is very much not a general PDF editor. That's Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, the answer is marked as correct because it's correct. Acrobat Reader cannot do this, without paying.  Disagreeing with a correct answer because there "should be an incredibly simple solution" is interesting. But you're proposing that people subscription Photoshop to do it, we're proposing Acrobat or other Acrobat-related subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines