• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to login in order to use the free acrobat reader?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do subscriptions, so when I bought Adobe Acrobat DC (PC version) years ago, and when I upgraded to a Mac, was told by Adobe that I had to buy the Mac version or do monthly subscriptions, which I declined, having spent quite enough on the version I did buy.  All I'm trying to do is use the stupid reader, since it won't let me do anything else I paid for without paying again.  Why do I have to sign in in order to use the stupid reader?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

we are sorry for the trouble. As described Acrobat Reader DC is asking to login to use the application.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version  go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

If it still doesn't work please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul... - Adobe Support Community - 4792082 and see if that makes any difference. 

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  , rebooot the computer, and reinstall the application using the link Acrobat download and installation help

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, didn't help - keeps asking me to login and won't let me do anything until I do.  I'll just stick with my ancient copy of Adobe DC on my PC for those rare times I need it, and go with alternative programs on the Mac.  If I never have to use an Adobe product again, I'll be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines