Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to Login to VIEW a pdf?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Quite frustrated with the time lost using Adobe Acrobat. It is slowing my daily work down immensely.
Often times I'm only referencing a document for read only. Silly I have to repeatedly login and use your online software. Why or how can I use it locally?

If I can't I will find another reader to use...

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you're logged in, it should stay logged in for months. Do you logout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same problem. And yes, it logs out every time I close the Acrobat Reader DC window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's not what happens to me.  I wonder if it's having trouble saving your login.

Please try changing a preference in Acrobat Reader. Quit and restart Reader. Has it remembered the change, or has it gone back as it was before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do in the Preferences tab? There is no option like 'remember me' or 'keep me logged in'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't suggesting that there is an option in preference to solve this, sorry I wasn't clear. I was suggesting a test. Pick a preference - almost any one will do - and see what happens to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I went to Preferences while I was logged in. I went to the 'General' category and ticked the 'Show online storage when opening files' checkbox. I clicked 'Ok' and closed the application.

I again started the application and found that I was logged off. I again signed in and noticed that the changes that I had made earlier were not present there.

And the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, what version of Reader and what operating system. I just realised I'm not even logged in with Reader and it doesn't ask me to. There's a Sign in button if I want it. Maybe you saved some files to Document Cloud - if so, naturally you must be logged in to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (19.021.20049). And I am running on Windows 10 Home.

I had saved many files on the cloud, which I used to access from my phone and now I wanted to access it from my PC too. But every time I close the application and start it again, I have to log in again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADOBE:

It's bad enough that you are jacking your prices, but in this day and age of surveillance capitalism, to insist that your customers log in so that their creative work can be tracked is unforgivable. Actively looking for aternatives and spreading the word.....

SERIOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines