• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why File options of Print grey?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just received my E-certificate pdf format. I open it with Adobe Acrobat reader - latest version,

as usual i go to File >print but all the options greyed out/ Cannot be clicked. Why is it like that? 

And testing another pdf which someone else sent to me, every option is there and valid.

Because I want to view my printer settings and change to colour, but i have to print greyscale because of this error. My printer is Canon MG3600, using Windows 7 Home

Help? 

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fenrispro,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to print a PDF as the options are greyed out and other file is printing fine with all the options available.

As it look like a file specific issue, please check the document restriction properties and see if printing is allowed or not.

Open the PDF > Go to File  > Properties > Under Security tab, check if printing is allowed.

If printing is not allowed, you need to contact the Author/Creator of the PDF to remove the restriction from the PDF.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I mean when i open to the full pdf the options grey, then when i right click on its icon I can still print it.

is it really a document restriction policy? But it is a trainer academy that issue this cert, why would that be? odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Now i check haha the menu shows up. Might be Adobe technical problem

i did update it already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Google how to remove document restriction.

It's easy but here we are not allowed to talk about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines