• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the need for reboot?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other application on my PC needs a reboot after an update.  Only Acrobat Reader mysteriously can't continue its updated life without a reboot.  Is AR a virus scanner that needs root-level access?  No!  Is AR an operating system that needs to do arcane CPU ring changes and kernel installations to make its daily rounds?  No!

Yet Reader demands a reboot after its multiple monthly updates.  This is either poor design, or Reader with an inferiority complex thinking it has to do Big PC Things with its user-space app.

Why not modularize it so that reboots would only be required on changes to those SEEKRIT crypto parts?  No?  Do I hear a bunch of "I don't care"?  That is what I got from the support department, "make a suggestion" but not "of course that sounds like a reasonable thing to do!"  Becuase in 5 years of persistance on my machine, they've never considered that reboots might be a tedious thing to do for no reason other than to make life easier on Adobe developers.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?