• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why won't a pdf file delete from desktop?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded a pdf file to my desktop, and now i cant delete or move it- any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, this isn’t a Reader problem. Mac, Win, other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on windows 10, but other pdfs delete- why not this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FI don’t know the why, but here goes an old trick that used to work. Try creating, also pn your desktop, a small pdf file and name it just like the unerasable one, using copy and paste if needed. You should be asked if you want to replace the exising one, answer yes. Now you should be able to erase the new file. If you have difficulties in creating a new pdf, use a COPY of any existing one and rename it. Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought that was very clever but unfortunately it doesnt work- it still will not let me erase , rename or delete- although the file was replaced by the new file.

when i tried to rename it the file asked about unicode- so the name is in unicode- but it is very long and has commas etc in the name, very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I wonder if you found the solution to delete the PDF file you were having trouble with...

recently from a website, I printed pages and saved as PDF on my desktop, (I use Windows) and same thing is happening to me. The file name is extreamly long, not only with alphabets but with all those dash, period, plus, etc.

If you found the way to delete it, please share how you did it, please ? Thank you !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines