• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't PDFs won't open. Directed to installed Asian Fontpack

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittantly, Adobe PDF reader requests that I install a fontpack to read PDFs on my hard drive. I am directed to this page to install an Asian Fontpack Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Re...  . I have the choice of several Asian languages. The PDFs are in French so I'm confused why this is happening.
Thanks for your assistance

PC Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi leena,

Sorry for the delay in response. 

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Try downloading the font pack on the machine using the link you mentioned and check if you are still facing issue while opening pdf files in Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Shiva

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Asian font pack. There are no other packs. Some software makes PDF files with hidden Japanese characters, but nobody knows why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leena,

Sorry for the delay in response. 

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Try downloading the font pack on the machine using the link you mentioned and check if you are still facing issue while opening pdf files in Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why be forced to download a fontpack one will never use? It just takes up valuable space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because for some reason you have a PDF that uses Chinese, Japanese or Korean fonts, which you may not even see on screen. There was a bug in a particular scanner which made it do this for all the PDFs it scanned. There may be other cause. Anyway, so far as Acrobat or Reader knows, you DO need this pack, so do get it, or don't read the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Do we know what scanner this was please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember it was an HP scanner. There was a fix from HP, if it was them, though it did not fix already scanned files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're struggling to open a PDF on your laptop, try installing a PDF reader, updating your current reader or application, re-downloading the PDF, or resizing the PDF.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a pdf file with embedded asian fonts, font pack is installed and everything is working, with the exception that it won't open on the browser(edge nor chrome). it gives me the generic error "Please wait......."

I'm opening the pdf files from my one drive. it's a pain to download it and then opening it from my adobe reader app. any idea how this can be fix? I removed the adobe extension and attached it already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This "please wait" message isn't about fonts. It means that the PDF viewer doesn't understand how to show it. There are 2 likely causes. 1.  A kind of obsolete fill in form made by "Designer"   2. A portfolio" made when joining PDF files; sometimes this can be avoided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines