Highlighted

Why won't PDFs won't open. Directed to installed Asian Fontpack

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittantly, Adobe PDF reader requests that I install a fontpack to read PDFs on my hard drive. I am directed to this page to install an Asian Fontpack Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Re...  . I have the choice of several Asian languages. The PDFs are in French so I'm confused why this is happening.
Thanks for your assistance

PC Windows 10.

Hi leena,

Sorry for the delay in response. 

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Try downloading the font pack on the machine using the link you mentioned and check if you are still facing issue while opening pdf files in Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why won't PDFs won't open. Directed to installed Asian Fontpack

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittantly, Adobe PDF reader requests that I install a fontpack to read PDFs on my hard drive. I am directed to this page to install an Asian Fontpack Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Re...  . I have the choice of several Asian languages. The PDFs are in French so I'm confused why this is happening.
Thanks for your assistance

PC Windows 10.

Hi leena,

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Try downloading the font pack on the machine using the link you mentioned and check if you are still facing issue while opening pdf files in Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Asian font pack. There are no other packs. Some software makes PDF files with hidden Japanese characters, but nobody knows why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leena,

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why be forced to download a fontpack one will never use? It just takes up valuable space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because for some reason you have a PDF that uses Chinese, Japanese or Korean fonts, which you may not even see on screen. There was a bug in a particular scanner which made it do this for all the PDFs it scanned. There may be other cause. Anyway, so far as Acrobat or Reader knows, you DO need this pack, so do get it, or don't read the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1