• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view PDF file - Getting Error ' need Adobe 8 or higher' [2017]

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't begin to explain my frustration with Adobe help. Your customer care might as well be customer "we don't care" as the most help you offer is dependent upon getting help from others in forums or a bunch of tips that don't help.

To my knowledge, I have downloaded Adobe DC. I even uninstalled and re installed Adobe DC. Now, every time I try to open documents attached to Yahoo I get a message:

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader.   For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see  http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure.

Even when I Google I-9 form and try to open the document.....same message.

Any help, please.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

If I right-click the link on this page, B13A - Export Declaration I am able to choose to save it and use File>open in Reader. What exactly happens when you have followed those steps? Remember, open Reader first and use File open after saving the pdf file using the right-click method.

The reason Chrome isn't opening this file is because Chrome now uses it's own pdf viewer and it can make a mess of these types of dynamic form. Other pdf's may open just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaunp62453366,

Assuming you are using Google Chrome for your email account and Windows Operating System installed on the machine, could you please try the following steps:

1- Click Download in the top right corner of the screen.

2 - Once downloaded, click on the up arrow ( in the bottom ), this will bring the options available for the file.

3- Click Show in folder

4- Right click the file and then select Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Let me know if you face any issue while following the steps.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting this???

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.30.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you aren’t looking at it with Reader. It’s nit enough to just have it, you have to use it. Chrome ignores it. Download the file, and then open it is Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. The instructions above will not work. You need to right-click the link and choose to save it to your computer then open with Reader. The browser is using it's own pdf viewer which won't open this (more than likely, it's a form, correct?) The instructions posted in the first post will only download the warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have an issue with mine opening on my computer to view the pdf file.  I have the pdfs stored on my computer and am trying to attach it to Adobe Sign to send out for signatures.

That is when i am getting the error and cant get around it.  

This just started today with documents I have used for the last 3 years.

I called suppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click the document, there is no option to download; therefore, I can not save it. I tried it on different browsers and computers. It's still giving the same error message. I added the Chrome extension, removed, reinstalled, still nothing. 

I am at wits end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always such an option. Can you share the link to the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing when I try to open a file from a GOVERNMENT website I need. How do I correct this, when I dont have the option to download, and then choose a program to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.  I am having the same problem.  It will not let me view my determination for unemployment. I cannot save,  download, or view the documents I need. I am on the unemployment.gov website. It's IMPOSSIBLE to save and open in ANY application let alone Adobe.  I need help from you "experts" in this situation. 

[Edited: Link with sensitive private information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, you must use Adobe software to open this file. You can use the free Adobe Reader to open the file you attached and it will display just fine.

PS. I strongly recommend you remove the link to the file, since it contain a lot of private info that you probably don't want to share with the whole world... In fact, I'm going to do that for you right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving first the document and then open it with adobe reader it actually works.

Thanks so much for sharing this information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adorobat - that was awesome.  Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Worked for me! Thank You for the pop up examples, was really easy to follow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Adorobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work..."once downloaded does not happen"  just saying i need adobe8 or higher.  Advise please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, please give 

1. the exact steps you follow to download (what you click & where)

2. How you open in Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot_20240101_181535_Gmail.jpg

 ola pode me ajudar eu tento joga no modo online minecraft dungeon com aleatorio não consigo, não com convidados, as filas estão muito grandes hoje em dia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's about the worst, vague, unclear instruction I have ever read.

You always assume the person knows where the first step is. WE DON"T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that the instructions won’t work. The message -is- the right file, in the wrong software. Only attempting to save with a “print to PDF” should break that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. What I don't understand is that Chrome used to open this form before. And most people open PDFs through Chrome.

Even when downloading it, I still can't see it in my Mac.

Could you guys try this link and tell me if you can see it? It's an export form on the Canada Customs Agency (official): https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b13a.pdf

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right-click the link on this page, B13A - Export Declaration I am able to choose to save it and use File>open in Reader. What exactly happens when you have followed those steps? Remember, open Reader first and use File open after saving the pdf file using the right-click method.

The reason Chrome isn't opening this file is because Chrome now uses it's own pdf viewer and it can make a mess of these types of dynamic form. Other pdf's may open just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooohhh! Thank you so so much!!

I was able to open it finally. It's weird, usually on mac, you don't have to go through all this... It just opens...

For info to others, this is what I did on my Mac:

1- Open Acrobat reader:

Acrobat reader.png

2- Right click on the PDF file and select "Save the link as"

Save link as.png

3- Once it's downloaded, I clicked the arrow and selected "open with System Viewer"

Open with.png

4- Then it opened:

Opened.png

Thanks again for helping me. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome used to use Reader. Now it doesn’t. Adobe can’t fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please i am experiencing same issue. "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher." but i am trying to view the file with my android phone can i get help i broke my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines