Exit

Window Bar disappears

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

We have the following Problem in our company:

When the Adobe Acrobat Reader is openend everything seems normal but as soon as you move your mouse away from the Adobe window or even click onto a different window the Window Bar disappears, aswell as the Menu of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you cannot drag the window anymore or close it through you usual means. You have to go to your taskbar and close it that way. When you open the window through the Task bar the Window bar appears but as soon as you click on it, it disappears again.

Trendmicro is installed Windows is on the newest Version. A Clean uninstall and a new set up with a new Windows did not work aswell.

Thank you beforehand.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Hi Amal,

Adobe Acrobat Reader version: 20.009.20063

The repair Installation did not work.

It happens when just opening the Reader Application and it also happens with any PDF Document.

Even a new Test User did not work.

But I solved the Problem myself by comparing the affacted systems to systems that did not have the issue.

Turns out that a Programm called "Hardcopy" does cause Problems with the Programm Adobe Acrobat Reader, since some update. Which one i can not 100 % say but my best guess is 19.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

OK - what worked for me was setting the Compatibility Mode to Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casoliv

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described, window bar disappear once you click on a different window

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you open with Acrobat Reader? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

A new version 20.009.20063 is now available for Acrobat/Reader DC. Please try to update the application to the new version available. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation. and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile on Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Adobe Acrobat Reader version: 20.009.20063

The repair Installation did not work.

It happens when just opening the Reader Application and it also happens with any PDF Document.

Even a new Test User did not work.

But I solved the Problem myself by comparing the affacted systems to systems that did not have the issue.

Turns out that a Programm called "Hardcopy" does cause Problems with the Programm Adobe Acrobat Reader, since some update. Which one i can not 100 % say but my best guess is 19.012.20034 because around that time the error occured. The Fix was quite easy just uninstall Hardcopy and everything worked.

Hardcopy what does it do?

"Standard Hardcopy:
The key [Print] prints out the current screen.
The key [Alt+Print] prints out the current window.
A click onto the Hardcopy - symbol in the System Tray prints out the current screen.

In addition a printer icon is available in foreground window:
A click (with the left mouse button) onto this icon prints out the current window.
A click (with the middle mouse button) onto this icon enables as example a partial window.
A click (with the right mouse button) onto this icon enables as example a copy to WinWord."

Apparently that causes problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Anyway thanks for your Time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I'm having the same issue. 

Window of Acrobat Reader disappears when the program is opened. 

I see your answer of 15 May 2020.

Is there a solution known for this problem? 

My version (should be the latest): Continuous Release; 2023.006.20320; 64bit. 

With friendly regards,

Jan Janssen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

This issue is reported to our engineering team and is being worked on. The fix will be available in the future updates.

Thanks for your time and patience

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I hvae updated to the latest version of Acrobat (I can't tell you which one, because I can't get to the menus anymore), and I've updated to the latest NVidia driver.  I can tell I'm running the 64 bit version, as I see it on the menubar before it disappears after a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - what worked for me was setting the Compatibility Mode to Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines