• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 changing default PDF program from Acrobat Reader to Edge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is continually changing the default PDF program from AReader to Edge,

It used to do it occasionally, now it's multiple times a day

I've read the posts and understand how to set default programs, that's not a solution

there is clearly a bug in either Acrobat Reader or Windows 10, most likely Win10 that

is changing default PDF readers to Edge.  Is there a workaround vs just continuing to 

change the default program back to AR.

It's frankly been going on for years and absurd that it's not fixed.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's more of a Windows thing. Edge has the tendency to take over. Not much Adobe can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After almost every Win10 update, I have to change the PDF (default) in Windows 10.

This has been happening for so many years now -  I am now going to "stop" using Adobe PDF.

If software companies are selling software and the O/S company continually changes this to their own software

- then I will be forced to leave Adobe products - and have to keep to the (even rubbish) O/S standard.

Adobe must communicate this to Microsoft - and find a way to create their own registry - and force a lock.

What is the use otherwise - If they Do Not -- 

Then more people will give up on this total time-wasting exercise of changing every update. !!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yet MSFT says it's an Adobe thing,  both pointing fingers at each other 

doesn't solve the problem,  Several times a day I have to reset the default from

Edge back to Acrobat, and everything is up to date, it has nothing to do with updates

One of the two companies have a bug and neither will fix it, google this and you'll

find thousands of people with the problem...  

Blame Win10, Blame Adobe, doesn't matter, it needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines