• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 , Outlook 2016 default email app, Reader can't send attatchments-errors

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to send an email from The Acrobat Reader app, it displays: an error occurred while sending mail.

Outlook 2016 is the default Mail app in my settings. It worked fin with Windows Live Mail before this, but Microsoft is discontinuing that makes us use Outlook.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PETER BODEA,

Please follow the below steps to set outlook 2016 as your default app in your computer .

1.Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.

2.Click Set your default programs.

3.Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

4.Click OK.

Also check under Reader DC preferences by navigating to Edit>Preferences>select "Email Accounts" from categories and and select the option which reads "Default email application(MS Outlook)" and click on "Make default" , click ok.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards
Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have done that. The problem is that in Adobe Reader preferences, email accounts, it only gives me the default email application, and it is selected. Nowhere it shows Ms Outlook. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you try the suggestion from this thread : Adobe Reader 'Attach to Email' is not working  on the last post. Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines