• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cannot find 'c:\.....\AcroRd32.exe'

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to launch Acrobat reader from the start menu I get this message:

adoberr.JPG

When I browse to the folder and double click on the AcroRD32.exe icon - I get the same message

When try to open a .pdf file by double clicking on it - I get the message that the file can't be found - even though I can open these files within a browser

adobfilerr.JPG

Again - I can open these pdf files (with or without acrobat?) in my browser but it doesn't seem to work independent of an HTML browser

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader - please don't tell me to do that and let you know how it worked - it didn't

Thanks

Natasha

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Could you please try the following steps:

1- Close Reader

2- Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3- Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter, click Yes when User Account Control pop-up appears.

4- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options, delete the key AcroRd32.exe

5- Relaunch Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Windows there was a problem opening Adobe Reader DC and your suggestion was perfect to solve the problem.
Congratulations!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Adorobat : you save my day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your advice butin Image file execution options the AcroRD32.exe key does not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I hadn't found the key before. Now I have deleted it and everything works properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic work.  But WHAT CAUSED THIS?  it hit all 3 of my computers in mid day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to have this problem this AM.  Yesterday Adobe worked as it always has.  When I checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat - I do not have AcroRd32.exe in the item listing.  I have an AcroRd32.dll.  I followed the instructions and went to Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options, and deleted the key AcroRd32.exe there.  Do I need to reinstall from the Cloud?  All help is appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! THANKS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect Solution. Thanks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

061120. Was working fine then yesterday, stopped working. I've been all over, trying uninstall, reinstall, etc. Finally, above answer solved the problem. Not sure how it happened but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the above fix.  I've been trying for 2 days to get the reader to work.  I had to load 2 .ddl's that some how disappeared and than uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times without any success.  Found your suggested fix and tried deleting the acrod32.exe but that didn't work so there was another line for acrord.exe.  I took a chance and deleted it  and it is now working like a charm.   Thanks so much - still have a little hair left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked perfectly with my windows 10

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have "Image File Execution Option" listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned elsewhere, I also followed the following advice and it solved my problem.:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\ (anything) Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/windows-cannot-find-c-acrord32-exe/td-p/8835378?page=1

Also had to do this with Quickbooks pro

Could you please try the following steps:

1- Close Reader

2- Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3- Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter, click Yes when User Account Control pop-up appears.

4- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options, delete the key AcroRd32.exe

5- Relaunch Reader"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines