• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader'

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open a pdf either from harddrive files or online.

Acrobat Reader will not open instead displaying a error panel titled "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Acrobat Reader"

message is: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files 9x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe'.

I have "Repaired installation". Completely Uninstalled Acrobat Reader; Re-installed Acrobat Reader from Adobe multiple times

Obviously there is an error in the registry but I haven't a clue since repair, uninstall and reinstall achieves nothing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the location of acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to solve the problem is allocating the .exe file that is not opening and change the name. Add a number or whatever you want. Then save it. Go to the files that are associated with that extension and go to the folder where is located the .exe renamed. Associate with that file and it will work. It is valid solution  for all the programs that you might have with the same problem.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Changing the name with just a single character works! How completely crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm looking through these threads and I keep seeing suggestions like uninstall/reinstall, restart computer and the like. I've burned a lot of hours trying to get this program to boot, looking through forums and trying out these methods. I'm thinking to myself, why go through all that trouble when the problem is Windows just being unable to locate it?

Out of frustration I rename Acrobat.exe to Acrobat2.exe and hit enter.

It launches perfectly.

I am at a loss for words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with no success after trying all the solutions posted here. I followed your advice and renamed the file. This solved the problem and now I can open all the pdfs, which made me happy but it is ridiculous how stupid that is. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I did exactly the same thing- went through all the advices, did everything as advised. The thing which worked at last was indeed to rename the .exe file in the install directory ( after uninstalling/installing so don't know if that matters).

So probably it could be a solution for those who can't fixe it with the other ways 🙂

Good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly the same thing- went through all the advice, did everything as advised. The thing which worked, at last, was indeed to rename the .exe file in the program files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us that work with the Pro version, this fixed part of the issue... Worked until I restarted my laptop and installed the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro component. Then I had to go back and rename the executable file within C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe DC\Acrobat from Acrobat.exe to Acrobat2.exe. Then I to had reset my laptop default program to the correct Adobe Acrobat DC icon for PDF's to open correctly. My Windows 10 did the same exact error with my Microsoft Office Suit items 2 weeks prior to by Adobe Acrobat DC Pro error. This error is not limited to Adobe Acrobat Products, but it was much harder to fix then my Microsoft Office Suit. This was after spending 2 weeks of attempting to repair, scrub, and unistalling Adobe Acrobat from my laptop. Today was the first time that the scrub program actually removed the app, but I wish that I had seen about the renaming the executable file first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!

Weeks I have been trying all the uninstall reinstall etc - use the above process and it works!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines