• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong page size displayed

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to print a pdf that is 8.5"x11" portrait, Reader displays it as 11"x17" landscape and it centers the message across two pages. I am using Reader 2020.something I am not at my pc so I don't have the rest oft the numbers.

TOPICS
Print , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, that the printer dialog is set to fit the page size to the selected media in the printer driver. What setting do you use in the printer driver and print dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.5" X 11"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like two of the original pages were merged to one large one. This is common practice for spreads when you don't want the pages to be viewed or printer separately. You can still print them separately by adjusting the settings of the Print dialog to not fit the contents to the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a several page report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, and?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print dialog box, Reader displays the page as 11x17. The image actually looks like two 8.5x11 pages in landscape mode with the text across the middle of the pages. I didn't take a picture but I created a quick drawing to illustrate what it looks like. The red/pink area is where the text is. If you click on "Size" in theprint dialog box it corrects itself so it is an 8.5x11 in portrait mode. Every print job is like this.

11x17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I checked the computer this afternoon this was no longer occuring. Whatever the problem was it is no longer a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines