Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XFA PDF to Flatten PDF - AEM Workbench, Adobe livecycle

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have PDF generated from AEM 6.5 workbench ( prev livecycle) using generatePDF output activity. My form has XFA rules/hiding logic. so PDF generated is XFA based. now i want to convert this output to TIFF. I am unable to achive this as the converted version is not including these rules/hiding logics applied on form.

so my pdf should be complete flat to send to other system. 

Can anyone help me how to generate flat pdf directly or use activity like optimizePDF to convert the form or PDF or give me any idea to use within AEM  workbench  to get completely flat PDF.

Tried making PDFA still same result.

Thanks much. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you post this in the forum for Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh i thought its a common support forum. thanks much for the resoponse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For no reason I can understand, AEM has a completely different forum, so moderators can’t even move your post there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this is not the correct forum for your question. I can tell you that flattening a PDF, any type of PDF, means loosing the interactive functionality. Once converted, and in particular converting to TIFF, the form will be just a flat image. For example taking a screen shot of your form in Acrobat would be a form of flattening. What I used to do with XFA is print to postscript, then load the PS back into Acrobat.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Parker,

Thanks much for your suggestion. 

I did try to convert to various formats like PS, TIFF , PDF/A  but a common issue what i found during conversion is there is some data loss. All the Java Scripts that were running in PDF is been not included in other formats outputs.

Although when i used as just to Print the PDF, It did work as you said. But due to some reasons unable to do this operation automatically using code. Cannot do it manually for each request from other systems. 

I will post this query to respective adobe group and will find some pointers. 

Thanks All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines