• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You Cannot Save Data Typed into This Form

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm receiving the 'You Cannot Save Data Typed into This Form' on a file that was created for the express use of filling it out, saving it and sending it in to my corporate office.

I had this problem on a few other forms when I first got the computer and they mysteriously fixed themselves... Or I just downloaded them off a thumb drive.

Anyway I can't get these staffing reports to allow me to save data typed on them. Which is weird because another person had this computer before me and I can find his copies of the form (there's about 24 of them all with different dates and information on it) but for some reason I'm not allowed to make changes.

I've tried looking at a few forms and they all say to buy Adobe. I don't have 200 bucks to throw at something that might not even fix my problem.

Why would he be able to edit the form and not me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I'm running off Adobe X which I reccently updated a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the person who created that form to enable usage rights for Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the creator of the document open the pdf in Acrobat Pro, then go to menu item "Advanced" and then click on "Extend Features in Adobe Reader..."

It will prompt him/her to save a copy of the file. Once saved you can save data to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just struggled with this myself. In Acrobat X, they moved the dialog. Go to File -> Save As -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable Additional Features.... That should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is a frankly stupid feature of adobe reader that serves basically no purpose besides to inconvenience the user. tough luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines