• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acribat DC - How to remove duplicate Out of Box Actions?

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Acrobat DC, 2020.009.20067 on Win 10.

Actions Panel shows a full duplicated set of the Out of Box Actions. I know I did this while puttzing around, but I dont know how.

Please tell me how to set the list back to out of box defaults. I will then add my own actions back in.

Thanks!

Dave

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Action Wizard > Manage Actions 

There you can delete actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Manage Actions, Remove is grayed out for OOB Actions. And the list of actions shows  twice.

DrJr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally, the .sequ files were named Action01.sequ, Action02.sequ, thru 06 - located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Sequences\ENU\

To help keep track of how these matched the items in the Action Wizard's list, I had the great idea of renaming these files according to the "title=" tag in the XML. 

When I opened Acrobat DC, it added these "new" .sequ files to the Action Wizard's list, but also used the "title=" text, as it should.

So, now, the Set of OOB Actions is listed twice in Actions/Manage Actions, looking like duplicates. If I empty the ENU folder, the list in Acrbat does not clear. And, of course, in Manage Actions, they cannot be removed.

To repeat my question:  How to remove the duplicates? Hopefully, I dont have to get IT in here to Re-Install Acrobat DC, and then reload my own .sequ files(?).  Btw, I tried doing Repair from Control Panel. This had no affect.

Thanks,

Dr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the folder where the sequence (action) files are stored in delete the ones you don't want. Do this with Acrobat closed.

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Sequences

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED IT!

I discovered this was a matter of deleting Registry items. If I save a copy of my Registry, I can also delete the OOB Actions, if I decide to - since I dont use them. This would make the Actions List short, clean, and would  only contain what I want - or use.

To everyone here, thank you for your attention. If appropriate, I could post specific RegEdit changes I made.

Regards,

dr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines