• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat and SDK and indexing

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently downloaded Acrobat DC Pro because I was told it came with the SDK and the SDk could handle the task I was looking to perform. The bottom line is I am trying to index a PDF file without opening it in Adobe acrobat. I have spent the better part of the week researching this and I'm struggling to make a lot of progress, so I have a few questions.

Can someone point me to some examples of using the SDK to index a PDF file.  I'm not a javascript or C# developer but have enough programming experience to figure it out once I get started.

Best suggested way to accomplish my task? Javascript? C#? Plugins? or Windows Interapplication communications?

Lastly? It only looks like I can create a full text catalog (pdx) on the PDF file through the SDK - is that correct? Why did adobe change to have embedded indexes diabled by default?

Sorry for the ramblings but any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,Joe

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernd, thanks for the reply. I have already downloaded the documentation and started to go through it but being new to the acrobat environment I was feeling a little overwhelmed and looking for some advice on a good starting point.  Thanks again for replying.  Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines