Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes in minimal WebBrowser control

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an application hosting the WebBrowser control and we have some very large enterprise customers who use it to view PDF files.

They have been running into a very consistent crash in PDF reader but only when full Acrobat is installed.

I created a very minimal WebBrowser control application and I can reproduce this crash, but I can't tell why Acrobat is crashing.  The crash always happens in RtlEnterCriticalSection as it is called from Acrobat.dll.

We have multiple dump files (although they all look the same).

Can I get someone from Adobe to help us debug this issue?

Would it be possible to get debug symbols for the Acrobat.dll to get a better idea of what might be happening so we can try to find a workaround?

We did find that if we left a pop-up open with Acrobat loaded then the crash would not happen in subsequent pop-ups, so we were pursuing that as a workaround, but we then found that the workaround doesn't work if the pop-ups are loaded in their own threads (which we do sometimes because this is more like IE).

Anyhow, we are kinda stuck and so are our enterprise customers, so we could really use some help from an Adobe dev.

Thanks!

--

Don

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the IE is crashing when opening the second PDF.

This issue is reported to us and our engineering team is working on it to find the fix. We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

I have shared some steps in private message please check.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The optional update (ver. 20.13.20066) addressing this issue is now available (Windows Only). Please try to update the application to the new version available from the help menu > check for updates or you can manually download the patch using the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines