Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Create PDF Firefox 64-bit Plugin

Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently switched over to the 64-bit version of Firefox v44.0 which was surprisingly painless. All of my extensions and plugins are working great with the exception of my Acrobat Create PDF plugin. I tested the 32-bit version of Firefox 44.0 and the Create PDF plugin is working fine so I'm assuming this has something to do with the plugin needing to be updated for 64-bit support.

Are there any updates on the horizon or perhaps a hack/tweak to allow the plugin to work in 64-bit Firefox as well?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XenonKilla,

Acrobat being a 32 bit application, so I suppose the plugins should be compatible.

Thank you for putting this issue forward, I will surely look into the details of this issue & update you accordingly.

Regards,
Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Thanks Meenakshi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Adding to this old thread,

YES you can install the Adobe Acrobat extension in MS Edge and not even worry about which browser is the default web browser anymore; with this extension enabled it allows the user to perform a single click to open a PDF from  a URL that is currently viewed in MS Edge  in Acrobat or Reader.

And this is the closest that you can get  to a 64bit Acrobat+Windows+web browser workflow in 2020.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines