• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC: draw free form tool in full screen?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to use the Draw free form tool in full screen? You could in 11 but it appears you can't in DC. We have faculty members who export their presentations to PDF and then teach classes using Acrobat in full screen, similar to powerpoint. The loss of ability to annotate slides would be very disappointing.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Hi Spastikmonkii,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please follow below mentioned steps to enable free form tool in full screen mode:

1- Click Edit > Preferences > General > check the box which says use single key accelerators to access tools > click OK

2- Switch to full screen view > press D on the keyboard > then press Shift + D seven times to toggle to pencil tool.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spastikmonkii,

Please try this steps to bring acrobat pro dc with full screen mode:-

After opening Acrobat > View > full screen mode  or you may also use the short cut key 'Ctrl+L'

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This puts the PDF in full screen mode, but disables the draw free tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spastikmonkii ,

Would like to inform you that Acrobat will appear in this way only on full screen mode .

Regards,

Yatharth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF in full screen mode, disables the draw free highlight tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spastikmonkii,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please follow below mentioned steps to enable free form tool in full screen mode:

1- Click Edit > Preferences > General > check the box which says use single key accelerators to access tools > click OK

2- Switch to full screen view > press D on the keyboard > then press Shift + D seven times to toggle to pencil tool.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great - been searching for this answer a long while! Is there a way to "see" the specific tool you are using after pressing "D"? A way to keep the quick action toolbar at the top even in fullscreen mode?

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me that worked perfectly. However, a colleague of mine experiences a strange phenomenon (on an identical computer/OS, and Adobe reader (DC)), and it'd be great to have it resolved.

That colleague needs to re-enter that option menu every time to make that extremely long 🙂 key sequence work. I.e., when editing the edit menu and setting the "use single key accelerators..." box to true, the key sequence (and thus PDF editing) works, but only as long as Adobe is still open. Once closed and opened again, the key sequence does *not* work anymore. He first has to enter that menu again. Note that even when he enters that menu, the box is still checked, so we did not even *change* anything! We just open it, hit OK (as said: without making any changes) and thus leave that menu again. And: tada, it works! That's quite annoting... Any idea why this is the case and how it can be fixed?

(It appears to be a bug that should be changed from your side...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is hilarious. Press something 7 times without knowing how far you are? Are you kidding me? 

I'm presenting before 120 students in an hour and you want me to give this a try each time I switch between my beamer pdf slides and a software demonstration. Prepare for the blooper youtube videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And in addition. I cannot escape full screen anymore after I pressed D and shift-D 7 times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines